Each MGM Targets Steel Challenge Target Set includes the selected AR550 plate, one cap/target hanger and one base.
- Target Plates are cut from 3/8" hardened AR550 steel.
- Caps which hold the plates on an AR 500 hook, slip over a 2x4 which can be cut to a desired length or to meet SCSA specs.
- Bases are welded tube steel with a cup to hold the 2x4 and its target securely for reliability and fun.
- Bases are drilled to allow staking the target with your large nails or spikes.
- Hanger design allows the steel to ring loudly when hit.
Add the 2 x 4 post and you are ready to shoot.
Originally designed for Steel Challenge, these targets have proven incredibly versatile for many uses. Match or practice use for Steel Challenge, Rimfire Challenge, IDPA, USPSA, 3 Gun, Cowboy Action, Precision Rifle (PRS & NRL), Plate Plinking... (Ok, we made up Plate Plinking.)
Quick setup and tear down allow you to optimize your match or practice time. A variety of target shapes allows you to vary your training focus as needed. Vary the height of your target by using different length 2x4s. (For precision, long range rifle, use a short 2x4 or stake the base down.)
We offer a variety of shapes, including the Steel Challenge standards of 10" and 12" Round and 18" x 24" Rectangle. These stand-bys are joined by the 8" Round on many Rimfire Challenge stages around the country. If your interests include IPSC, USPSA or IDPA we have your covered with our 1/2 size and full size IPSC targets and a C zone and better target (also caled the BCC Zone®).